As a progressive athlete, you expend tremendous amounts of energy. You need the right fuel to get your game on for training and racing.
Equally important, you should be keeping your immunity strong at all times. This is sometimes overlooked, even taken for granted especially when you strain your body during high intensity interval training.
The risk of a compromised immune system? A high risk of catching a cold from external viruses (URTI) rather than building strength from HIIT’s. Check out the graph below.
The J-Curve: Immunity and the Athlete
SPORTS FATIGUE WEAKENS YOUR IMMUNITY.
Research shows that highly competitive athletes who engage in intensive training have an increased risk of respiratory infections compared to sedentary individuals.
J-CURVE SOURCE: MOREIRA, A., DELGADO, L. MOREIRA, P., HAAHTELA, T. (2009, MARCH 7). DOES EXERCISE INCREASE THE RISK OF UPPER RESPIRATORY TRACT INFECTIONS? BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL. FROM http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/content/90/1/111.full.pdf
Proper sports nutrition is vital to your training program. You get tremendous health and immunity benefits with adequate vitamins and minerals on a daily basis to support endurance performance.
Consider Enervon Activ. It helps build stamina for you to keep training, to keep performing.
Why Enervon Activ is recommended for athletes:
Powerful ENERGY BOOSTERS
- B-complex vitamins – ensures optimum energy production by its function of efficiently converting food to usable energy.
- Panax Ginseng – known as the Natural Fatigue-Fighter, this ingredient helps support energy reserves and increases alertness and body work efficiency.
- Royal Jelly – otherwise known as the “Wonder Treasure”, royal jelly helps decrease fatigue through increasing oxygen consumption by body.
- Antioxidant vitamins A, C, E and Zinc – when utilized in combination, these help reduce the body’s oxidative stress, thereby increasing the body’s resistance to stress and sports fatigue, to help provide stronger support for the body’s immune status.
- Zinc in particular also helps in building and repairing muscle tissue, thereby helping support increased muscle endurance.
Special MINERAL SIUM 5X™ FORMULA for IMPROVED MUSCLE CONTROL
- A unique and essential blend of minerals beneficial for athletes to help them enhance muscle contractions and nerve pulse transmission. (See below for more details on Mineral SIUM 5X™ formula).
- Enervon Activ is scientifically designed to support athletes’ health requirements with the following ingredients:
|Multivitamins + Minerals + Ginseng + Royal Jelly|
|Nutrients||Amount Per Softgel capsule|
|TO BOOST ENERGY||Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)||7.5 mg|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||8.5 mg|
|Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)||10 mg|
|Royal Jelly||6 mg|
|TO BUILD BODY IMMUNITY||Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A)||3,000 IU|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||100 mg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||5 IU|
|Zinc (as Sulfate)||500 mcg|
|Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3)||200 IU|
|MINERAL SIUM 5X™ FORMULATION TO IMPROVE MUSCLE CONTROL||Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate)||100 mg|
|Iron, elemental (as Dried Ferrous Sulfate, 30 mg)||10 mg|
|Magnesium (as Sulfate)||3 mg|
|Phosphorus (as Dibasic Calcium Phosphate)||50 mg|
|Potassium (as Sulfate)||2.5 mg|
|Other Minerals to maintain proper body functions||Manganese (as Sulfate)||650 mcg|
|Molybdenum (as Sodium Molybdate)||45 mcg|
- Enervon Activ is recommended for daily use of athletic adults who have a relatively regular exercise regimen.
- In the case of non-athletic adults, this supplement may be of help to those who have more active than sedentary lifestyles to maximize its energy-boosting and muscle-control-enhancing benefits.
- This supplement however should not be taken by pregnant women or breastfeeding moms, and those who are allergic to any ingredient in this supplement.
- This multivitamin is taken orally, and should be taken with food or a meal, to ensure proper digestion and avoid unnecessary acidic implications.
- In terms of timing in a day, this supplement can be taken during breakfast before a workout, or during dinner before sleeping.
- It is recommended that Enervon Activ be taken once a day, especially along one’s training program.
- MINERAL SIUM 5X™ FORMULA is the only sports nutrition mineral blend containing the essential minerals needed by athletes for proper psychomotor functions. See below for more detailed benefits of this unique formulation:
- CALCIUM – apart from general known role for bone strength, Calcium aids in muscle contraction, nerve conduction and normal blood clotting; all of which are essential for endurance athletes to maintain the intensity and duration of training and competition.
- PHOSPHOROUS – phosphate compounds facilitate release of oxygen from hemoglobin in the RBCs and help improve endurance exercise performance.
- IRON – increases oxygen uptake thereby reducing muscle fatigue and improving work capacity.
- MAGNESIUM – plays a role in neuromuscular and hormonal functions, which when deficient, impairs endurance performance (ie. With deficient magnesium, the body increases oxygen use during sub-maximal exercise).
- POTASSIUM – important for fluid and electrolyte balance, nerve transmission and active transport mechanisms.
- Enervon Activ is available in All Leading Drugstores (Mercury Drug, Watsons, South Star Drug, etc), Supermarkets (SM, Robinsons, Shopwise, Puregold, Rustans, etc), and Convenience Stores (7-Eleven, Family Mart), nationwide.
- Enervon Activ is recommended for use by adults 18 years old and above. If below 18, best to consult your family physician to check for any allergic reactions to the ingredients in Enervon Activ, or if safe for his/her health matched with his/her lifestyle.
SRP is at P12 per capsule. If you’re in for a 3-month training program, that’s only equivalent to a P1,080 investment of proper sports nutrition to keep your body healthy and ready to adapt to the strenuous requirements of continual exercise.